We've had a bit of irony in our life right now. As jobs are being cut and salaries slashed, you definitely don't want to complain about your job, but... Chris recently got a promotion without a promotion: he was reassigned to a higher group with more responsibilities, but his pay is the same as it was. We are choosing to look at this as an opportunity to learn more, but the irony hasn't escaped us!
Yesterday we were running around all day and planned to go out to eat using a gift card I had recently earned at work for getting a reward for doing well. The restaurant isn't near where we live, but I only got this a month ago, so this was our first opportunity to use it. As we drove up, I noticed that it looked rather dark, but we wondered if that was just part of their atmosphere. Then I noticed the closed sign with a note on the door. I jumped out of the car and it read something like, "We would like to thank the community for great years of being able to serve you." In other words, Out of Business! So much for a great reward! That's why it's important to keep a sense of humor in life - at least I didn't pay for the gift certificate!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What restaurant was it? That's too bad! But you're right - things could always be worse. I hear about people getting pay cuts, losing their jobs, etc. so I'm working on being grateful that I even have a job! :)
Ummm... I don't know. It's the place that replaced Otavio's in American Fork.
Post a Comment