Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bryce Canyon: Day 2

After a relaxing Sunday in the small town of Panguitch, Utah, Chris and I were ready to get out and do a real hike. The forecast was for heavy rainstorms after noon, so we got up early to begin our hike. We started at Bryce Point and hiked down (from the top of the canyon) along one of the longest decents to the canyon floor. The views were amazing, the weather was amazing, and it was just an amazing hike. I just uploaded my pictures. I took over 150 on the hike! Needless to say, we won't torture you with all of them. Here are a few of my favorite.
Can you see the trail behind Chris? This was just the beginning. It really wasn't bad because it was all going down. I seriously stopped every few yards to take pictures!
This is camel rock (we named it ourselves!). Can you see it?

A Triple Arch!
After hiking along the valley floor, we hiked up "Wall Street." From this picture, you can see why they call it that. I love the trees growing tall in this narrow canyon.

When the slide show starts to feel long, feel free to just stop watching. Just remember, this is a little more than one tenth of all the pictures we took! :) Needless to say, it was a wonderful day and we would recommend Bryce Canyon to anyone. But the storm clouds were rolling in as we left.

3 comments:

Katie M. said...

That does look like a cool hike. I always thought there was the one classic view of Bryce and not much else. But apparently there are lots of pretty views!

Elizabeth said...

Those are incredible pictures. Who is the photography. I am still kicking myself for not taking Tim to Southern Utah. 10 years and we never went once. Slackers.

Jamie said...

Can you believe that's just our little Cannon camera?! I'm so excited to take my parents on that hike!