Or: How I made my vacuum suck!
My vacuum was dying a slow death. When my parents were visiting, my mom tried to help by vacuuming and all it did was spit out gunk. I'd tried unclogging the hose (YUCK!), but that didn't seem very effective. Then as I was packing (we're moving next week and so that's partly why I haven't been a dutiful blogger) I found the vacuum manual and noticed there was a section on "How to unclog the hose." As Chris left for work I became and engineer and started taking apart the vacuum. Wow. I won't even tell you how much stuff was stuck in the top of the hose - but it's incredible how much dirt could be crammed up there! So I saved our vacuum, which is kind of sad because I was working on convincing Chris that we "needed" to buy a Dyson. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Um, maybe you could clog it again past the point of repair? Then you would definitely need a Dyson. Or you could get a cat or a dog, and then you'd have to get a Dyson. Just some ideas now that you're owning your own place.... :)
You still NEED a Dyson...you'll get one eventually ;)
"Nothing sucks like an Eletrolux!" Just had to throw my favorite English translation of a European vacuum slogan in there...Rates right up there with the Chevy Nova not selling well in Spanish speaking localities...no va = no go!!
Post a Comment