Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Rome

I haven't forgotten that I never finished pictures from our trip to Europe this summer. The Rome pictures are extremely intimidating because we saw so much (and it was all new to me). The first day we went to the Colosseum and Palatine Hill.

Chris in the Colosseum.

Ceasar's burial site (and people still put flowers on it!)
They're still doing excavations.

The next day we went to the Vatican Museum. The tour guides love to tell you that the line is horrendously long and you should pay (an extra $50 per person) to go on their tour and they'll get you to the front of the line. The guidebook said to go Wednesday morning, so we did and it worked like a charm - I think we spent 20 minutes in line (it isn't uncommon to spend at least 2 hours in line). The museum wasn't very religious, it was more like the British museum with all sorts of statues and paintings and artifacts. The part I really liked were the marble floors. They were in so many different colors - and most people didn't even notice them.

No comments: