Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Arches and Moab

My brother left on his two year mission to England at the end of May, so we took a short family vacation to Moab. All of my sisters and their husbands and my brother were able to come (except for poor Jack who was busy flying helicopters). It was fun to spend time together before Ryan left. We did quite a bit of hiking at Arches. I'm not sure what happened with this picture, but I thought it looked cool (and a bit bizarre). I think somehow my camera merged two pictures.

I found some of my favorite pictures and put them into slide shows. The first day Chris was at work (so that's why he's missing from the pictures). Those of us that were there (those who had to work came later that afternoon) went on a few short hikes. That afternoon the kids hiked to Delicate Arch while my parents baby-sat the girls. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. Somehow we found my Dad's camera in someone's backpack (many of us have similar cameras, so it gets confusing) so I took pictures with that. Unfortunately I've forgotten to get them from him (and he's probably wondering where those pictures came from!). :)





On the second day we hiked in the Devil's Garden area. It was a great hike, but definitely LOOOONG! But it was much more fun because Chris was there that day.


2 comments:

Katie M. said...

That first picture is way cool! Before I read what you wrote about it, I just thought you were getting all artsy. :) I'm excited to see NYC pics!

Jamie said...

Thanks! After this next trip I'll have to get those pictures together. If we'd just stay home for a few weeks at a time... But summer is a good time for traveling. We're all glad you're coming to visit us!