Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Trip to the Giant Redwoods

When BB was about 11 months old we took him on his first trip where we stayed overnight (well, besides moving which was an adventure in itself!) to see the Giant Redwood Trees. We really enjoyed ourselves and being out in nature again. BB was an awesome hiker! He loved the hiking backpack and just giggled and giggled.

 We started with a long hike (I think it was something like 3-5 miles), but since the ground was flat (unlike the parks of Utah we're used to) and the trees made it shady it was a really nice hike.

 Giving Mommy a big, wet kiss!

 I've wanted to see the giant redwoods for a long time and they weren't disappointing. You can see BB looking up at the huge tree (this is the largest tree in the park).

 This was the end of the trail and so we stopped for lunch.

 I decided to take a turn carrying BB on the way back. The design of the pack was so much better than our food and water backpack that I don't think it was any harder to carry, maybe even easier. And BB caught a short nap.

 Our happy boy after his nap (notice he took off his hat as soon as he woke up).

Unfortunately, BB had a hard time eating and sleeping away from home and by the end of the day was kind of a wreck, so we've put off any more family trips. But it's been a few months and we're ready to try again! We have a long-awaited trip to the zoo planned for later this week and I know he's going to love it.


No comments: