Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Shopping!

Chris and I recently decided that we need some new dinner plates. I decided that I wanted to invite more than two people over for dinner and be able to use real dishes (instead of paper). Chris wanted plates that didn't heat up more than the food when you put them in the microwave, so we were agreed that we needed a change. I had no idea how expensive dishes can be! The last time I bought dishes was in college, so I just bought the cheapest thing in the store (which is probably why half of them are broken or missing and the other half are all chipped). I didn't have a hard time finding dishes I liked, I just had a hard time justifying spending so much money on dishes! So for our date on Friday night Chris took me shopping (it's really nice to have a husband who encourages me to spend money!) and we found some dishes and used my 20% off coupons at Bed, Bath and Beyond so I could feel like I wasn't spending too much money. If you're interested, these are the dishes we got. Then we went to the grocery store for their crazy cereal sale ($1.40 per box!!) and stocked up on cereal (now our pantry looks like a mini-grocery store!) and wheat (for making bread). Here's my whole wheat bread recipe (but I tweak it a bit, so let me know if you want the changes). Yum!
Now we just need to invite someone over for dinner (but we'll feed them something better than cereal!).

4 comments:

The Charm said...

Very fun! Like the new dishes!!

Be A Saint said...

I would love the tweaking. I need an easy breat recipe. And you can by WHEAT at the grocery store? That is UTah for you.

Jamie said...

We had some people over for dinner today and I got to use my new dishes! One lady knew they were new and was really good to compliment us on them!

ritabega said...

I like those dishes! You have good taste! And I made your bread the other day. Delicious!