Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

A trip to the ocean

While visiting Jamie's parents in Louisiana, we decided to take a trip to the ocean. It's a beautiful drive through green marshland (and a lot of water) to get to the beach. My parents hadn't been there since the most recent hurricane and couldn't tell us what to expect. (Hurricane Rita directly hit southwest Louisiana three years ago and caused a lot of wind and flood damage, but Hurricane Ike that hit Houston and Galveston recently was so huge that the flood damage was worse than Hurricane Rita.) The beach is usually pretty quiet in December, but I was shocked at all the hurricane damage so obviously not cleaned up (with little attempt to do anything). They probably still have a night time curfew enforced. Here are some pictures:

1 comment:

ritabega said...

Great blog Jamie! Look at you with the slide show and all. I'm slow to get her but I'm impressed! I love the picture of you with Anna on your lap!