We’re finally approved for adoption! This is our collage (that Katie pretty much put together for me and I helped her pick things out!):
You can find our profile on itsaboutlove.org or beta.itsaboutlove.org by searching for Chris and Jamie (they're working on a new website). There’s another Chris and Jamie on there, but you’ll know by the pictures which one is us!
It’s been crazy, but a good growing experience. I have such a great respect for birth mothers. There’s a girl who recently moved into our ward who is having her baby any day and will probably place for adoption - I admire her courage so much. One of her biggest fears is that her daughter will think she didn’t love her, but anyone who has ever talked to a birth mother knows that is not true! It’s probably therapeutic for both of us to talk and think about things since we’re on opposite sides of the situation. Adoption is close to my heart – I have family members who were adopted and my parents’ friends adopted their four children (and obviously we hope to adopt!). It’s a difficult process, but what a blessing for those involved!




3 comments:
Yeag, congratulations!!
Congrats on getting approved but I can't believe you just got approved. That's crazy wrong! Oh well.
Sorry for the miscommunication - we've been approved for about two months, but we're finally published (and I finally got around to putting it on our blog!).
Post a Comment