Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hello London!

Ever since we were married, I've been telling Chris that "one day" I would take him to Europe. Well, with Chris beginning his MBA we decided to go on my dream vacation! We started in London, then flew to Venice, Rome, and Switzerland (flights within Europe are SO CHEAP!). Here are some fun pics from London. Of course, with just the two of us there wasn't really anyone to take a picture of us together, and I had the camera most of the time so I put Chris in any pictures I could get him into (until he started offering to take my picture).

Our room in London with a VERY jet-lagged Chris. He really struggled to adjust, poor guy!

Jamie in front of the British Museum (The British Empire's attic full of stuff from their global conquests. They even have a Greek temple in there!).

Jamie in St. James' Park

Pretty good for taking that myself, don't you think? :)

We got to go see "Wicked" and I was so excited that I forgot to take a picture outside. But here's the stage inside. The dragon roared and moved - it was so neat! Chris even enjoyed it.

Chris inside the British Museum with the Egyptian artifacts (we went back for a second visit - it's too much to take in in one day!).

We went to the Hyde Park Ward and this is the church building - it still looks like an LDS church, but it's mixed in with a bunch of large buildings - right across the street from the Science Museum (that's how we found it!). The people were very friendly and we even ran into someone from our old ward who was in London doing graduate studies with his wife! It was fun to see a familiar face - and he even got home before we did!

Will we go back? Of course. I already talk about our next trip to London! But I think it will be a LONG way down the road. Chris wants to go to Jerusalem. That's a serious trip!!

2 comments:

Katie M. said...

How fun! I'm excited to see pics from the rest of the trip.

The Charm said...

So fun! I'm glad you got to go. Looks like you had a blast. :)